Sunday 4 August 2013

Chithiram Pesudhadi - 1


1991...

"Bala, don't sharpen the pencil too much. I bought this only yesterday and now look at what you have done to it." my mother snatched the pencil from me and held it in her hand. The pencil which was whole and new in the morning was now the length of my little finger.

I found the act of sharpening a pencil to be really interesting and  I liked writing only when the lead was totally sharp and pointed. So, whenever the lessons get monotonous or the lead gets a little blunt, I start sharpening the pencil. 

2001..

"I am so glad that you are not asked to use pencils to write anymore." my mother said and I grinned.

2011..

"Amma, Look!! I drew this today. Tried sketching on my own. How is it?" I asked excitedly.

My mother looked at my first pencil sketch and clicked her tongue impressively and said with a smile, "Happa!! at last you have found how to use a pencil properly."

And here it is, my first pencil sketch,

                                                    Kaarmughil vannaa...
                                                                     Karumai nira Kanna...
                                                                     Kann kavarndha manna!!!


More to come..!!

---Bala Iyengar---

11 comments:

  1. Very nice. Kutty krishnan samma cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, nice story and a cute painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you say first attempt ? Very impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. கண்களில் கண்ணன், பேசும் கண்களில் கண்ணன்.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kutty krish is awesome..it has some naughtyness in eyes and smile...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats really nice for a first timer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this your first sketch !! Its simply superb de. :) Krishna ku model ah yaara use pannine :) nice detailing for the eye de :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the timelines of events :) And lovely sketch :)

    ReplyDelete