Monday 11 February 2013

My "Dabba" Darling!!


I was suffering from a writing spree right from the morning and in my prolonged hours of vettiness, the thinking cells in my brain got activated and gave me the idea of blogging. So here I am, after many trials and errors and little help from google in creating an account, writing my first ever article/post/blog/whatever..

With thoroughly no clue about what I am gonna write, I looked around me for some inspiration and considered writing about anything that would give me the spark. Streaking through the train of thoughts, my mobile phone rang in Kamal's voice - "Thaka Thaka Thaka Dhina Dhina Dhina". It was my mom. She asked me to pick her up from the bus stand. Resuming the journey in my thinking-train I made my way to the bus stand and suddenly realized that I was riding on my "topic". Yes!! That was it. I decided that my first post is gonna be about my scooty. Scooty Pep+, to be more precise.

I decide to call it My "Dabba" Darling because, well, it actually is.

First of all, I would like to define the word "Dabba".

Dabba: It's a tamil word that literally means a "box". But travelling deeper into tamil grammar and exploring the nuances of it, we have found a new meaning to the word in question, haven't we? ;) So here, "Dabba" means anything close to "almost useless".

My scooty is with me for almost six and half years now and I still remember that the first six months I rode on it, I did not have license :P I only had the LLR.

The copper and black bujji scooty that I have, has seen the real "me". It knows how crazy I can be when I am happy and how lousy I can get when I am sad. It knows how bad I am at directions because most of the time I have asked for the route to my own house to various people ranging from elaneer thaathas, auto annas to walking pora maamis. :D

It is a crime-partner to me because it has never let me down to my parents when I sneak out to a place without telling them about it "officially".

A loyal friend because it stood by me when my so-called friends decided to demonstrate how it felt when they broke the trust I had on them. My darling "Dabba"  knows the best people I have ever had in my life and also the worst.

It has shown me how blissful one would feel when she rides the two-wheeler with that "Special Person" sitting behind her. :) (Reminds me of 3 idiots here.. lol..)

I still cherish the days (read as nights) my bro and I used to ride on it. We used shake my mother off with an excuse "Amma, Bike lessons. There won't be any traffic after 10:30." and roam around.



It reduced to become a "Dabba" because I tortured and tormented it by dropping it on all possible main roads in Chennai (I got hurt too, mind.). My "Dabba" is all fine when I don't bother to give a bath to it but gets all worked up when I don't give the required amount of food (Petrol ofcourse). It mercilessly used to whine and stop when it's stomach is dry and I would have to drag my darling all the way to a  "Restaurant" (Petrol bunk). :P



Though many people have suggested that I sell my bike, I very well know that I won't be able to do it because My "Dabba" Darling has become a part of my life and I am not ready to sell a part of my life to anybody. :)

--- Bala Iyengar ---

P.S: Please feel free to throw brick bats and flower bouquets on me. :D


1 comment:

  1. What a way to start your ride on the Blogger Bike !!! Maintain the same speed , beware of the speed breakers and go in the right direction. Definitely this bike will take you to the perfect destination :)

    ReplyDelete