Tuesday 12 February 2013

When God Skypes..



Disclaimer: The following post is a figment of my imagination and doesn't have anything to do with any person in particular. The I and me here does not refer to me as a person. No offence meant to anyone.


Bye di. See you tomorrow.” I told my friend wearily and got down from the white and blue office bus.

With a heavy hand bag on my shoulder, a tupperware bag in one hand and a mobile phone on the other, I walked slowly to my house. Bored as I was, I decided to listen to some quality music that would soothe my ears and calm my buzzing brain.

Quality music” always meant “Ilayaraja” to me. I plugged my earphones in and connected the other end to my phone. I swiped once to unlock my phone and regretted it the next second. There he was smiling up at me innocently, from my phone's wallpaper, with an ornamental flute in his hand and a mischievous glint in his eyes. Krishna.

Krishna!! You...”I muted the rest of my sentence since I didn't want to call the Lord with swear words. I scowled at him and opened the playlist that had Ilayaraja's best melodies.

Mandram vandha thendraluku manjam vara nenjam illayo..”

I wasn't paying attention to where I was going but my well-practiced system took me to my house without my help. I opened the door, removed my sandals and threw my hand bag on the only chair that was available in the drawing room. I dumped my tiffin boxes into the sink and freshened up.

I switched my laptop on and opened the browser and flared up at once when I saw “Cannot connect to server”error page. All the lights except “Internet” was blinking on my modem. I thundered to the wretched modem, grabbed it and banged it twice on the table. Due to the unexpected tremor, the lights flickered and finally all the lights came into life. “That's better!!” I warned my modem savagely and got back to the chair.

I was all worked up because I had a very bad day at work. A very bad week, entirely. What with a prolonging fight with my boy friend, five escalations from the client's end, pressure from parents asking me to get married and almost nil balance in my account, I forgot what it is to be civilized.

I checked facebook and closed the browser and there he was looking up at me again with the same mysterious smile and glinting eyes. “Hey God!!”I started and stopped immediately.“Dude Krishna!!” I corrected myself and continued, “if you have the guts, appear in front of me right now. I would like to have a cozy chat with you.” I ordered menacingly, not bothering to mute any part of the sentence. I glared at the wall paper on my laptop and wagged my finger at him.

                                                        Dude Krishna!! Calling...

                                      Answer with video    Answer     Decline

To my utmost horror, a Skype call request propped up on my screen. I gaped at it stupidly and felt my jaws dropping and heart skipping a beat. With shaking hands, I clicked “Answer with video”. After what seemed to be ages, the call got connected.

There he was, handsome as ever in a bright blue T-Shirt with his collars up. His curly hair cascaded all over his forehead and ears and his eyebrows were thick. The characteristic bewitching smile was in place and his eyes had the same mischievous glint that I remembered from the photographs.

With my mouth hanging open, I stared at him as he adjusted his mic and headphones.

The first thing I heard him speak was,

Hey, can you hear me?”

I burst out laughing. “Ha ha ha!! kadavulae!! unakum idhae nelama dhana?” :D

---Bala Iyengar---

4 comments:

  1. Luck y u r..Rangarao made him his servant Bharathy instantly made him as his ladylove (Kannamma pattu theriyuma) bad luck to me whenever called him, he appearing as "My wife".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is my uncle include 'krishna' in her name since he wanted a son..actually her name is made up two parts one being 'krishna and other nice lady name..You may ask why not call her in her 'maid' name? But the problem is, a lady to whom my heart was loosed, but could not able to marry her( too complex story ) met my wife and told her about whole of the love affair(don't misunderstand by that time she already married another Dubai 'Mappilai') Ny wife and 'she' became best friends forever.. but the problems is her name also my wife's 'maiden' name..so whenever I called her maiden name, she simply roasted me 'why R U calling her.. she is now in Dubai@@... So only 'Krishna' become my 'karma - motcha'...

      Delete
  2. Loved it..especially last line.."unnakum idhae nelama dhana":P

    ReplyDelete